Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Taylor Joyisms


Time for another round of Taylor Joyisms...

I start a piece of paper each time and once it gets full, I sit down, write a blog post and then start a new one. So...it's that time again.

She really has exploded with words, sentences, MONOLOGUES this past month... And you should hear her prayers. More on that later.

Here she is reading her Bible: "Adam and Even were eatin' the flowers and God said, 'no! no!'"

One morning I was making her oatmeal and sometimes I'll put an ice cube in it because it's too hot. She said, " You puttin' icing in it? Okay!"

After I asked her if she wanted a yogurt smoothie one day she said, "Yeah! I want a yogurt 'xcuse me!"

One of the hymns that Taylor Joy knows is "Brethren we have met to worship" and the line at the end of the song goes, "Brethren pray and holy manna will be showered all around." But, when Taylor sings it, she says "holy manners." Ha! Allen and I got a good laugh at that. We LOVE to hear her sing that.

The other day she kept telling me, "I'm your daddy, mommy!" and the only thing I could think of was, "whose your daddy?" What's that from anyways? I can't remember in my old age.

And lastly, I want to talk about her sweet prayers. This little girl has a special gifting when it comes to prayer, I'm convinced. She loves to pray and will pray on the spot when she feels like it. Here are some things she has prayed for lately:

Thank you for mommy and daddy and Beckett
Thank you for family worship
I pray that you bless mommy and Beckett
Thank you for macaroni and cheese
I pray that Beckett no cries
I pray that Beckett eat his carrots
I pray you make Chelsea no sick
I pray you help my hot dog cool off
I pray for Jason and Ashley
Thank you for cheerios

You can see what a treat it is every time she prays. Each time there is something new to smile about. Thank you, Lord, for this sweet girl! What a blessing she is!

3 comments:

  1. So sweet!!!

    Miss Taylor Joy actually said prayer for us this past weekend during Bible Time Story!

    It was so great!!!! Love her!!!

    BTW-
    How does your blog look so much better than mine!!!?
    What did you do and how do you do it?
    I want to make mine look snazzy!!!
    Give me the skinny, girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahaha!! Will and i get such a kick out of these posts. My favorite is the hot dog prayer!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How precious! I love her prayers. Thanks for sharing them.

    ReplyDelete

I heart comments!

You Might Also Like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...