Monday, August 18, 2008

Monthly Taylor Joyisms


Some funny quotes from Taylor Joy this past month:

"That's for sure!"

"I got sumpin' for you (yewww)!"

"That's a great idea!" (usually after something she suggests)

"I'm just cryin' right now" (after she gets in trouble)

"I wanna hold you in the family room" (also after she gets in trouble...this is said OFTEN, sometimes just when she is sad "seeaad")

"You big girl (dirl), daddy!"

"I like (lite) your hair mommy. You pretty girl (dirl)."

"Mommy, you a princess!" (after putting on a flowy skirt one day or if I wear anything sparkly)

"Be careful (tareful), mommy. No spill (sill) it!" (when feeding Beckett and it's squirting back out of his mouth)

"I almost trippin" (after almost falling flat on her face). Once it was after she tripped and she said, "Awww, man! I trippin'!"

One day she had to go stay in her room because she had thrown a fit about the shoes I wanted her to wear (jellies). She decided she wanted to wear a different pair and while I had good reasons for wanting her to wear this pair, I also wanted her obedience. So, after discipline she stayed in her room to throw her fit and I went to feed Beckett. I heard the fit stop and there was silence. She walked out of her room with one jelly on the wrong foot and the other jelly in her hand and came straight up to me, saying, "I'm sorry, Mommy. Will you help me with my shoe?"

That was just about the sweetest thing. It made me cry to see her repentant heart towards me in saying she was sorry and also attempting to put her shoes on herself. It also reminded me that we often react this way toward the Lord because of the trials in our lives. We resist the Lord's way because it's difficult, it's not what we planned, it's not how we planned... Taylor Joy taught me a great lesson that day. It's with childlike faith that we can follow His leading, He is the light for our path even when we can only see our feet in front of us (or shoes as it were) and are unable to see the end of the road. Here's a prayer I read by Ted Loder in my devotional the other day that summarizes this well:

How shall I pray?
Are tears prayers, Lord?
or groans
or sighs
or curses?
Can trembling hands be lifted to you,
or clenched fists
or the cold sweat that trickles down my back
or the cramps that knot my stomach?
Will you accept my prayers, Lord,
my real prayers,
rooted in the muck and mud and rock of my life,
and not just my pretty, cut-flower,
gracefully arranged bouquet of words?
Will you accept me, Lord,
as I really am,
messed up mixture of glory and grime?

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous8:54 AM

    Everything she says is so cute. I don't know how you narrow it down. My favorite is "I'm just cryin' right now".. so funny. I miss all of you so much!

    ReplyDelete

I heart comments!

You Might Also Like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...