Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Come Thou Fount



Come Thou Fount as sung by Taylor Joy. As for the mommy commentary, she starts off singing "Holy Holy" and then begins with "Come Thou Fount" (with my assistance).

In case you are unfamiliar with the words here they are so you can follow along.

Come, thou Fount of every blessing,
tune my heart to sing thy grace;
streams of mercy, never ceasing,
call for songs of loudest praise.
Teach me some melodious sonnet,
sung by flaming tongues above.
Praise the mount! I'm fixed upon it,
mount of thy redeeming love.

Here I raise mine Ebenezer;
hither by thy help I'm come;
and I hope, by thy good pleasure,
safely to arrive at home. (this is where she leaves off)
Jesus sought me when a stranger,
wandering from the fold of God;
he, to rescue me from danger,
interposed his precious blood.

O to grace how great a debtor
daily I'm constrained to be!
Let thy goodness, like a fetter,
bind my wandering heart to thee.
Prone to wander, Lord, I feel it,
prone to leave the God I love;
here's my heart, O take and seal it,
seal it for thy courts above.

This is one of the hymns we have sung in family worship recently and we now stick with a song for several weeks so that Taylor can get the hang of it before switching to a new hymn. We are now on "Be Thou My Vision". We are trying to pick hymns that aren't only easy to sing (that's a necessity at our house), but also ones that are rich in theology and Taylor Joy may be able to sing. Enjoy her little concert!

3 comments:

  1. Yes! They don't just need to hear little kid songs cause they get the "adult" songs!

    Ethan and Meira love "Holy, Holy, Holy"...

    Go Taylor Joy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shes so cute!! I can't believe shes so big! Thanks for the flair by the way :). Miss yall!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Seriously precious! KK enjoyed watching sweet Taylor Joy over and over. There is just something amazing hearing a toddler say the word 'thou'. Ha!

    Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

I heart comments!

You Might Also Like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...